Kristen Porro Reilly, Esq.
Kristen has experience in the realm of Family Law, which includes areas such as divorce, custody ( of children and pets) , alimony, child support, equitable distribution, relocation of parents and children, post judgment enforcement of Court Orders, relocation of parents and children and Pre-nuptial Agreements. Kristen also works closely with victims of domestic violence assisting victims in obtaining protections afforded them under the law such as obtaining a Final Restraining Order.
Kristen handles the firms matters involving Estate Planning for the entire family. This includes preparing documents such as a Last Will and Testament, Power of Attorney, Living Will/ Advanced Directive/DNR Directive, as well as Trust Formations designed to protect a parties assets, or provide for special needs children, as well as provide for pets. Kristen works closely with the family assisting them with the Probate Process as well as filing of Inheritance Tax Returns upon the demise of a loved one.
Kristen additionally assists families in the application process for Medicaid benefits, which can at times seem overwhelming.
Along with this is her experience in handling residential and commercial Real Estate Transactions and Closings, contract negotiations, business formations.
Kristen handles the firm’s civil litigation matters, such as contract disputes, employment agreements and actions against home owners associations/management.
Kristen is a graduate of New York Law School.
Kristen is licensed to practice law in New Jersey and New York.
Member of NYSBA, NJSBA
- New York Law School, New York, NY: 2013
- Center for Financial Services and Business Law; Center for Real Estate; LLM credits
- Dispute Resolution Senior Editor
- London/Paris Abroad: Global Market Real Estate Transactions
- Pace University, New York, NY, B.A. 2010
- Honors: Lambda Sigma; Alpha Chi; Society of Fellows
- Law Society Secretary; Mock Trial Coach
- Real Estate Transactions and Closings, Commercial and Residential
- Corporate Contract Negotiation
- Business Formations
- Trademark Applications
- Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts
Publication written for Not for profit organization The Rooftops Project